The departure from the COVID-19 vaccination calendar depending on the year of birth, the possibility of vaccinating the families of employees and allowing the possibility of vaccinating not only Polish employees, but also foreigners – these are just some of the demands of the Lewiatan Confederation regarding the organization of vaccinations in workplaces.
On Monday, the Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Development, Labor and Technology Jarosław Gowin met with representatives of entrepreneurs on vaccination in workplaces. The deputy prime minister announced that the vaccination campaign in companies is to start in mid-May. The meeting was attended by the President of the Confederation Lewiatan Maciej Witucki.
The head of the Chancellery of the Prime Minister and the government plenipotentiary for the vaccination program, Michał Dworczyk, spoke about the meeting during the Monday press conference. – Good, hour-long, substantive discussion in which we talked about the plan to start vaccinations in the workplace. (…) We really want the economy to be launched as soon as possible – he emphasized.
The government plenipotentiary announced that by the end of the month, precise rules of vaccination in workplaces will be developed. The condition is – as stated – the appropriate number of vaccines delivered.
– We must be aware that launching this form of vaccination will be possible when the vaccines reach Poland. For now, I would like to remind you that based on the network that is currently in operation in Poland, i.e. over 6.5 thousand points, we do not use even 50 percent of the possibility of vaccination, so it would be imprudent to launch further forms of vaccination (…) in a situation where when there are no more vaccines – pointed out Michał Dworczyk. The head of the Chancellery of the Prime Minister announced that the vaccination pilot program in companies is planned for mid-May. At the same time, Dworczyk expressed his hope that, if the manufacturers’ declarations prove correct, vaccinations at workplaces will not start at the turn of May and June.
Konfederacja Lewiatan emphasized in the Monday’s announcement that employers have the appropriate organizational potential and experience that guarantee safe vaccination.
“Companies are waiting for the requirements that will have to be met in order to take part in the vaccination program. The most important thing at the moment is to enable companies to prepare for the vaccination program. Entrepreneurs are also proposing to meet the conditions that will speed up the entire process” – we read.
The Lewiatan Confederation presented 10 demands on the organization in workplaces:
1. Publish and consult detailed procedures and guidelines by the government as soon as possible. In order for the use of workplaces in the vaccination process to give the best results, it is necessary to start the vaccination program in companies at the beginning of May.
2. Departure from the vaccination calendar depending on the year of birth.
3. Enabling the organization of vaccinations by capital groups, and not narrowly understood employers (as “KRS number”).
4. Departure from the limit of 500 employees and enabling employers to vaccinate the entire community of social contacts around the company. Allowing vaccinations also for the families of employees, suppliers, service providers, other contractors and outsourced employees.
5. Admission to vaccinate not only Polish citizens, but also foreign workers.
6. Enabling the organization of vaccination points also by an external entity, eg a company’s medical guardian.
7. Allow several employers to organize joint vaccination points for their employees (eg in special economic zones).
8. Enabling the choice of the type of vaccine (manufacturer) and ensuring real access to all types of vaccines.
9. Urgent appointment of a working team that will prepare the necessary solutions and will monitor the implementation of the vaccination process in companies.
10. Enterprises already prepared to carry out the vaccination process should be able to organize pilots to better organize the process on a mass scale.
According to the Polish Automotive Industry Association, mass vaccinations in workplaces would reach the level of 80-90 percent of those vaccinated in Poland.
“We are convinced that this is one of the ways to achieve the level of 80-90 percent vaccinated in Poland. According to scientists dealing with infectious diseases, it is a guarantee of suppressing the pandemic, opening borders, as well as returning to the path of investment, stabilization of employment and restoring economic development “- indicated Jakub Faryś, the president of PZPM.
In the information published on Monday, the Association indicated that its affiliated companies have a dozen automotive and tire factories in Poland. Nearly 200,000 people are employed in the production of vehicles, parts and tires. employees.
Main photo source: PAP / Darek Delmanowicz