Two residents of the house at Jaszczurówka St. in Zakopane died as a result of a carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide evaporated in the process fire an electric stove with which the room was heated. Men aged 66 and 70 died despite resuscitation attempts.
According to information from the fire brigade, the stove was the cause of the fire. The fire did not consume the apartment, but the fire caused quite a lot of smoke and smoke in the rooms. Due to the fact that everything was tightly closed, the tenants had no chance to avoid the deadly power of carbon monoxide. Chad, which is an odorless gas, cannot be detected unless we have special sensors. Inhaling carbon monoxide causes hypoxia and death.
Two people died
According to local media reports, the fire was reported on Sunday morning. The fire brigade was called to evacuate the local residents. According to the lifeguards’ findings, the men most likely suffocated during sleep.
Police initiated an investigation to investigate the circumstances of the death and fire of the stove.